Logo/graphic Driving Lessons in Plymouth

Getting Started

All the Information needed to get your provisional licence etc.

You cannot start to drive a car until your provisional driving licence has been accepted and in your possession. If you are in receipt of the higher rate of disability, you can start to learn how to drive when you reach your 16th Birthday otherwise you will have to wait until your 17th Birthday.
You can apply for your licence up to 2 months before your licence is due to start. But you MUST NOT drive on the road until your licence has arrived and not until the day of your 17th birthday.
You can apply for a moped provisional licence when you are 16, but you have to take and pass the CBTtest before you are allowed on the road.

If you have never held a driving licence before you will need to apply for a provisional licence. You must complete driving licence application and photocard application form D1(available from most post offices) and the appropriate fee.The new D1 form, will have an area in the bottom left corner for you to attach your photograph.

If you do not wish to send your identity documents through the post, a premium service for checking photocard applications is available at selected post office branches. Your application can be checked for accuracy and completeness and your identity documents returned to you immediately. The premium service fee is £4 and is in addition to the standard driving licence fee for applications sent direct to DVLA.

More information about licensing requirements can be found in the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) leaflet D100 "What you need to know about driving licences". which is available at Post Offices.Other information can be found on the DVLA website.

My car vauxhall corsa

Fully qualified by the Driving Standards Agency and Police checked for total confidence. I opperate under the DSA Code of Conduct and undertake Continued Professional Development. For further information visit there web site at www.gov.uk/contact-dvsa . For general info try www.gov.uk/learnerdrivers


Minimum 6 Hour course after passing your test will enhance your driving ability and give you your first taste of motorway driving. You can normally get a discount from your insurance company after completing this course. In most cases this discount more than covers the cost of the course. For more info check out www.gov.uk/passplus

I am a member of the Association of Professional Driving Instructors (South West). This is a local Association meeting on a monthly basis to discuss all aspects of this profession. Visit our web site www.apdi.info for more details.
I am a member of the Driving Instructors Association. This is a national Association that covers all aspects of the Driving Instructor Profession. Visit them at www.driving.org
 Driving school website 
385,422 visits to this website |  Printer friendly
Go back...